The Academy takes pride in its distinctive uniform. Every student at CG is expected to wear the uniform.
• CG navy blazer with braiding and embroidered logo from Uniformbase.
• CG navy tank top or long sleeved jumper with twin neck strip from Uniformbase.
• CG navy business style straight skirt with small logo from Uniformbase
• CG white rever collar blouse from Uniformbase or high street retailers.
• CG navy business style straightlegged trousers with small logo from Uniformbase.
• Black/white knee length socks only (no ankle socks).
• Plain black tights.
• CG navy polo PE shirt.
• CG navy skort with small logo from Uniformbase (compulsory item).
• CG navy shorts with small logo fromUniformbase (optional item).
• CG navy tracksuit bottoms with small logo from Uniformbase (optional item).
• CG navy leggings with small logo from Uniformbase (compulsory item).
• CG training PE zip top with small logo from Uniformbase (compulsory item).
• CG navy backpack for all Year 7 and 8 students from Uniformbase.
• Black shoes.
• No inappropriate haircuts, e.g. tram lines, shaved heads or mullets. All haircuts need to be a minimum of a grade two cut and no shorter.The top of the haircut should not be disproportionate to the length of the sides.
• No coloured hair accessories, e.g. coloured bows, headbands, clips, etc. Hair bands can be neutral,black or white.
• No make-up.
• No pencilled in eyebrows.
• No nail varnish or artificial nails.
• Hair must be a natural colour. Dip-dyed hair, bright colours, unusual hairstyles unsuitable for workbased environments, e.g. pink, red, purple, green, etc are not permitted.
• Jewellery – watches can be worn. No other jewellery is allowed (unless for religious reasons). Items must be removed for PE and Games.No body piercings such as eyebrow, lip, nose, tongue or ear are allowed in any circumstances and should be removed whilst the students are in the CGSG uniform.
• Coats are permitted, but hoodies, zip-up jumpers and non-uniform jumpers are not allowed.
• Please note that the Principal should be contacted directly for agreement if a student’s religion requires them to wear any alternative items. Head coverings should be plain black.
• CG reserves the right to send students home to get changed if they are seen wearing incorrect uniform.
*All logo uniform items can be purchased from our uniform supplier:
Please click here to visit our uniform provider.
11 Railway Street
Tel: 01634 407 217